Ensemble Kazachya Sprava - Ensemble of Ancient Cossack Song "Kazachya Sprava" – The Sun Will Give the Morrow Birth (Sketis Music, 2019)
Ensemble of Ancient Cossack Song "Kazachya Sprava" performs songs of the Cossacks of the Upper Don. These are spiritual poems, historical, everyday life, marching, wedding, family life and others, genres of the Cossack song in all its genre diversity.
All members of the ensemble in the family have Cossacks of the Upper Don, therefore the Cossack ensemble “Kazachya Sprava” can be safely called the successors of the amazing song tradition of the Upper Don Cossacks, whose distinctive feature is the characteristic performance of long-drawn songs, vocalization and chain breathing.
The name of the ensemble also has a deep meaning: “Sprava of the Cossacks is not only military uniforms, horse and weapons, it is in general a national costume, but even wider is Cossack morality, household and economic structure, the whole complex of objects and customs, surrounding the Cossack”, wrote the famous Cossack, writer and musician Boris Almazov.
This album includes 7 folk songs performed predominantly by the chorus (equally male and female vocals), almost without accompaniment of musical instruments. The manner of singing and vocal intonation correspond to the traditional song structure of the Upper Don Cossacks.
1. Проснётся день красы моей / The Sun Will Give the Morrow Birth
2. Так у нас ноня / That's What We Have Today
3. Вот вспыхнуло утро / A Bright Morning Has Come
4. Не туманы по горам / It’s Not Mist over the Mountains
5. Донские частушки / The Don Sung Couplets
6. С гулянки я шла, торопилась / I Was Coming Back from the Party
7. Никто травушку не косит / Nobody Mows the Grass