Folk Ensemble Vasilyev Vecher - Vasilyev Vecher Folklore Ensemble - Siberia Land. Russian Traditional Songs of the Western Siberia (2014)
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Russian traditional songs of the Western Siberia performed by Vasilyev Vecher Folklore Ensemble
Russian Folklore Ensemble Vasilyev Vecher means St. Basil’s Day Eve, one of the most popular Russian traditional feasts. Ensemble looks for traditional culture’s place in modern life. The members of the group study vocal and dancing culture of Russian old-timers of the Western Siberia (i.e. the descendants of peasants who came there in XVI–XVIII centuries), and also their costume, cuisine, feasts, and traditional crafts.
1. Zhuravliny Dolgi Nogi / Crane’s Long Legs, social evening song 02.31
2. Razmamashenkya Branila / Mother Scolded Me, lyric song 03.16
3. Po Moryam, Malchik, Po Volnam / A Boy On A Sea Voyage, lyric and drawling song 06.57
4. Uzh Vesel Ya, Ya Nevesel Sevodnishnai Den / Today I Am Cheery And Sad, lyric song 05.09
5. Skushno Grustno Mne, Bednai Devchonki / I Am Bored And Sad, Poor Girl, lyric song 06.37
6. Ni Kukushechkya Li Da Kukuye / Is It A Cuckoo Crying, lyric and drawling song (soldier song) 05.34
7. Po Cheryomushku Ya, Devka, Ya Gulyala / I Walked In A Cherry-Tree Grove, Peasant Girl, lyric song 05.18
8. Uzh Ty, Batyushka, Sizoy Oryol / You, Grey Eagle, My Dear Fellow, lyric and drawling song 10.23
9. Sletalisya Golubushki Na Sineye Morye / Doves Gathered Together At A Blue Sea, social evening song 03.47
10. Solntse, Oy, Vskhodit Da Ee Zakhodit / The Sun Rises And Sets, lyric song 03.39