Vedan Kolod - Dance of the Wood Spirits (2007)
Shadows of forgotten ancestors - songs and music of pagan Russia.
The music of the ensemble from Siberian city Krasnoyarsk is oriented around pagan past of Slavic peoples. The ensemble’s leader Tatyana Naryshkina together with a musician and a master of Russian folk musical instruments Valery Naryshkin have revived rare ceremonial songs, legends and Russian epics, which existed many centuries ago. Scythian horn, gusli, zhalejka, horn, Slavonian bagpipe, Slavonian drums and others are among the instruments the ensemble member’s use. The ensemble performs pieces composed by the musicians, including songs in Old Slavonic, authentic songs of Siberia and Western Russia, songs of Siberian migrants from Belarus, Ukraine, Bulgaria, instrumental compositions and throat-singing.
01. Spring Song
02. Duck Is Swimming in the Sea (Russian Folk Song)
03. Going to the Mountain (Russian Folk Song)
04. Sleep but Not Enough
05. Hindrick the Beast
07. Than Was the Misery
09. The Memories of an Old Warrior
10. Love Spell
11. The Poppy on the Mountain (Russian Folk Song)
12. The Turks Were Passing By
13. The Dance of the Wood Spirits