- Nu & Apa Neagră – Descântecul Apei Negre / Black Water Incantation (2011)
Formed in Timișoara, Romania by Sașa-Liviu Stoianovici (baglama saz, electronics, visuals) and Alexandru Hegyesi (various instruments), NU & APA NEAGRĂ is a group that plays improvised music, with strong ethnic and psychedelic influences. Started in 2001 as NU (Ro), after some changes and studio work, NU ‘reincarnated’ as NU & APA NEAGRĂ in 2008.
NU & APA NEAGRĂ's music has been described in various ways, such as ”stunning new sounds (that) just keep on unfolding and unfolding" (J. Cope), ”Romanian avante-weirdness” & ”demented black-and-white acid trip” (terrascope.co.uk), ”experimental, dark droney, weird” (drone records), ”a real journey through hidden, mystical and forgotten worlds” (Dj Astro).
Sașa-Liviu Stoianovici – Baglama [Divan & Baglama Saz], Cobza [Cobză], Synthesizer [Microkorg & Electronica Em-25, Moog Prodigy], Performer [Harmophon], Jew's Harp [Jaw's Harp], Effects [Echolette S & Dynacord Echocord], Alphorn [Tulnic], Gong, Singing Bowls, Drum, Whistle, Voice, Performer [Water], Bells, Loops, Effects [Sound Effects], Sampler [Field Recordings]
Alexandru Hegyesi – Cimbalom, Dulcimer [Appalachian], Bass Guitar
Călin Torsan – Clarinet, Whistle [Whistles], Kaval [Caval]
Vlad Sturdza – Zither, Guitar, E-bow, Bells, Percussion [Various Percussion Instruments], Keyboards [Prepared Toy Keyboard], Effect
Maria Balabaș – Voice (4)
Recorded in Timișoara, 2010
1. Primul Cântat Al Cocoșilor / Rooster's First Singing 2:42
2. Un Pelerin / A Pilgrim 8:27
3. Al Doilea Cântat Al Cocoșilor / Rooster's Second Singing 2:16
4. Alt Pelerin / Another Pilgrim 8:31
5. Al Treilea Cântat Al Cocoșilor / Rooster's Third Singing 1:40
6. Apa Neagră / The Black Water 18:49